Join award-winning Artist Manager/Talent Buyer/Booking Agent Tom Carrico for an entry level workshop on a variety of topics, including, but not limited to:
Music Business Etiquette
What do artist managers do?
Can a booking agency make me more successful?
Common Mistakes to avoid
Three little things that will improve the chances that your CD will get played by bookers, radio dj's, gatekeepers
Booking strategies-Do’s and Don'ts
Do I need a Video?
Joining the club, breaking through, getting out there, networking,supporting others, Plan B
The importance of research
Band leaders vs band partnerships, LLCs
The importance of transparency in operating a band as a partnership or LLC
Do you have an Elevator speech?
Strong, clear imagery Promo Photos and posters
Can you make me a star?
Tom Carrico has helped countless careers with his guidance and advice on how to have a career in music.
Some highlights of his bio are:
- Manager for multi-platinum selling, multi-Grammy winner Mary Chapin Carpenter (1985-1995), and as a booking agent for East Coast dates for Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble in the late 70’s and early 80s, prior to Vaughan's breakthrough record deal.
- An in-demand panelist and speaker at SXSW, Folk Alliance, Grammy in the Schools, Omega Recording School, NACA and other industry events
- Manager for Chopteeth Afrofunk Big Band and and young songwriter Eryn Michel.
- Holds regular Career Consulting sessions for musicians.
- Served as Talent Buyer at Bethesda Blues and Jazz from 2014-2018, where he presented major artists and songwriters like Jimmy Webb, Rickie Lee Jones, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Eric Andersen, Cris Williamson, Peter Yarrow, The Spinners, Otis Clay, Dr. Lonnie Smith, and more.
- Served as manager for Steve Forbert (Geffen Records), The Nighthawks (Mercury Records), Mike Henderson(RCA Records), Jonell Mosser (MCA/Karambolage Records) Billy Price & the Keystone Rhythm Band, Evan Johns & the H-Bombs and more.
A virtual Community Day workshop, held over Zoom.